Tuesday, March 18, 2014

To Love and Obey (The Doms of Club Mystique 1) by Mardi Maxwell

I was given this book.

Double Standards Much?!?
4 out of 5 Stars

What did I like?
The introductions to the many characters was handled very smoothly. This was a very dramatic book. Lots of emotional upheaval with a nice HEA ending.

What did I not like?
Double standards tend to make me really angry, and this book was full of it. The hero's angst was really brought on himself with his sexist, chauvinistic attitude and his inability to keep it in his pants; dipping the wick in the crazy pool is just begging to bring the drama. On the flip side of the coin, the heroine is really naive and tends to fool herself with her head in the sand approach.

Would I recommend this to a friend?
This is an interesting start to a series. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

*Spoiler Alert!* If cheating is a hot button, this book does have some cheating by the hero while in a relationship.

Posted: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/867265698