Friday, December 6, 2013

Release Day Review: Kevin's Alpha (A Wizard's Touch 2) by Amber Kell

Hilarious

5 out of 5 Stars

I wanted to rip the headmaster's arrogant, power-hungry head off. The council needs to get off their butts and fix that or Jay is going to end up doing it for them. I love that the gnomes revolted and that's what brings down the council members. Poor Lisa and Dean. Edward was a pain in the neck and I'm glad he got the crap scared out of him by Thomas after he kept spouting off at the mouth about Jay. Kevin's dad needs a swift kick somewhere uncomfortable too. While Kevin might not be the strongest wizard out there, his abilities match perfectly with James's needs as an alpha mate. His loyalty, compassion and healing nature is a perfect balance for his alpha's aggression and protectiveness. I love James view of his mates abilities: "Healers...didn't have killer avatars that might eat him at any moment". Hilarious. I also think Jay's inventions are the best, I would love to have some of those. *snickers* 
 
Would you recommend this book? Absolutely. I love Amber Kell's books. She is one of my favorite authors, especially her shifter books. I would suggest first reading Jaynell's Wolf to understand some of the situations in Kevin's Alpha.