Saturday, November 21, 2020

Chapter 12: The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron

Last chapter...

1. Write down any resistance, angers, and fears you have about going on from here.

  • money
  • stress
  • work
  • family demands
  • sex
  • not being enough
  • not spending enough time with the ones I love
  • not having a plan
  • loss of vision
  • suicidal thoughts 

3. Note your Progress from the Core Negative Beliefs. Read your affirmations. Write some affirmations about your continued creativity.

Core Negative Beliefs:

  1. I don't have good enough ideas.
  2. I will do bad work and not know it and look like a fool.
  3. I will never have any real money.
  4. I will feel bad because I don't deserve to be successful.
  5. I will have only one good piece of work in me.
  6. It's too late. If I haven't becomes a fully functioning artist yet, I never will.
Creative Affirmations:
  1. There is a divine plan of goodness for me/my work. My creativity leads me to forgiveness and self-forgiveness. My creativity always leads me to truth and love.
  2. As I listen to the creator within, I am led. As I listen to my creativity, I am led to my Creator. 
  3. I am a channel for God's creativity so my work comes from good. As I create and listen, I will be led.
  4. Creativity is the Creator's will for me. Through the use of my creativity, I serve God. 
  5. My creativity heals myself and others.  I am allowed to nurture my artist.
  6. My dreams come from God and He has the power to accomplish them.
  7. I am willing to let God create thru me. I am willing to be of service thru my creativity. I am willing to use my creative talents.
  8. I am willing to experience my creative energy. I am willing to let myself create. I am willing to create. 

6. Select a God jar. Something to put your fears, your resentments, your hopes, your dreams, your worries into.

  • stay at home mom
  • working from home
  • writing poetry
  • writing paranormal romance
  • surrounded by people who love me
  • cook for lots of people
  • share love by taking care of others (life of service)
  • organize others as a career (life counselor)
  • accounting/finance class (budgeting)

7. Use your God jar. Start with your fear list. When worried, remind yourself it's in the jar - "God's got it". Then take the next action.

  • Apply for a job that pays better, with better hours (DDD SC)
  • Work on communication with family
  • Take personal time to recharge at least once a week - alone or with a group
  • Take classes to improve myself

8. Honestly, what would you most like to create? Open-minded, what oddball paths would you dare to try? Willing, what appearances are you willing to shed to pursue your dream?

  • I want to be the center of my home and create a place that people want to come to, a place to relax and recharge. I want to feed people and show my love through the ways that I take care of others; a life of service.

9. List five people you can talk to about your dreams and with whom you feel supported to dream and then plan.

  1. Melody
  2. Katerina
  3. Matthew
  4. Sabrina
  5. Skye/Luckie
  6. Syoko