Thursday, January 28, 2021

Black Lions

Found some of my older stories the other day. 

Upon noticing that the black lioness was similar to the cub, I stopped swinging the dragon sword. I watched her (a human) run to the cub and scoop him up in her arms. 

"Stop" I told her. She turned to me with the black lion cub in her hands. "You must give him back to his mother."

Reluctantly, she set down the cub and walked past me. The cub scrambled up the bookshelves, his mother walking after him. 

I turned and walked away, only to come across a golden lioness. She looked terrified but defiant. I turned just in time to see the black lion alpha stalk towards the area that held the black lioness and their cub. I moved closer to see him. 

Coming around the corner of the bookshelf, I heard, "Do not threaten him" the black lion said angerly. In reply, the black lioness became more alert, the only sign of agitation, her swinging tail.

"He needs a real mother, Nalia, not a selfish bitch." After this statement, his eyes went dark and within a blink of an eye, he had ripped out her throat. A few shelves over, I heard an anguished roar. I raised my sword in preparation to strike. 

He turned to me. "You dare to strike at me", he demanded, tension radiating between us.
"If I must", I said, poised to defend. "He must leave. Now, there is one who comes to kill him." I could feel the animosity pouring off the golden lioness as she stalked towards us, intent on killing the cub. 

The black lion jumped on the top of the bookshelf next to the one I was guarding. The black lion cub was shivering on top of the shelf.

The golden lioness lunged, intent on killing me to get to the alpha's son. We clashed. My dragon sword against her razor sharp claws. Strike after strike, growing more weary with each contact. Eventually, she stumbled. I brought my sword down on her neck, shearing (severing) her head from her body. 

Her (a human) came running up, skidding to a halt when she saw my standing over the dead lioness. "We need to go, the guys are looking for you everywhere," she said.

"One minute. I need to talk to someone." I said turning to look where the cub had been. The black lion and his cub were gone. "Never mind, let's go."